The Dell Enterprise Infrastructure Planning Tool (EIPT) helps IT professionals plan and tune their computer and infrastructure equipment for maximum efficiency. Offering a wide range of configuration flexibility and environmental inputs, this can help right size your IT environment.
EIPT is a model driven tool supporting a large number of products and configurations for infrastructure sizing purposes. EIPT models are based on hardware measurements with operating conditions representative of typical use cases. Workloads can impact the power consumption greatly, meaning the same percent CPU utilization and different workloads can lead to widely different power consumption. It is not possible to cover all the workload, environmental, and customer data center factors in a model & provide percent accuracy figures with any degree of confidence. With that said, Dell would anticipate (NOT guarantee or claim) a potential for some variation. Customers are always advised to confirm EIPT estimates with actual measurements under their own, actual workloads.
Click here to Launch EIPT Web
Click here to Download EIPT
For EIPT user guide, walkthrough, and definition of terms EIPT User Guide
For a brief tutorial: EIPT Training VideoSupported products:
Modular/Converged Enclosures:C6400, FX2, VRTX, C6300, M1000e, C6000
Blades/Sleds:C6420, FC830, FC630, FC430, FD332, FM120x4, M830, M630, M820, M620, M520, M420, C6320, C6320P, C6220II
Rack Servers: R940, R740, R740xd, R640, R930, R830, R730, R730XD, R630, R530, R430, R330, R230, R920, R820, R720, R720XD, R620, R520, R420, R420xr, R320, C4130
Tower Servers: T630, T430, T330, T130, T620, T420, T320Storage
FS Series: EqualLogic FS7600, EqualLogic FS7610, Compellent FS8600
MD Series: MD3800F, MD3820F, MD3860F, MD3800i, MD3820i, MD3860i, MD3400, MD3420, MD3460, MD3200i, MD3220i, MD3220, MD1400, MD1420, MD1200, MD1220, MD1280, MD3060e
NX Series: NX430, NX3330, NX3230
PS Series: PS4210 2.5", PS4210 3.5", PS6210 2.5", PS6210 3.5", PS6610, PSM4110
SC Series: SCv2000, SCv2020, SCv2080, SC4020, SC5020, SC7020, SC8000, SC9000, SC100, SC120, SC180, SC200, SC220, SC280, SC400 3.5 in, SC420 2.5 in
XC Series: XC6320Enclosure, XC430, XC630, XC730xd, XC720xd, XC6320 Sled
DSMS(Microsoft Storage Spaces): DSMS MD1400, DSMS MD1420, DSMS MD3060E, DSMS R630, DSMS R730
Nexenta: Dell-Nexenta MD1400, Dell-Nexenta MD1420, Dell-Nexenta MD3060E, Dell-Nexenta R730, Dell-Nexenta R630
Tape: PowerVault ML6010, PowerVault ML6020, PowerVault ML6030, PowerVault 114X, PowerVault LT05-140, PowerVault LT06, PowerVault LTO External Tape, PowerVault TL1000, PowerVault TL2000, PowerVault TL4000
Modular Networking: Brocade M6505, Cisco® Catalyst® 3130G, Cisco Catalyst 3130X, Dell Force10 MXL 10/40GbE, Dell M4828-k. Dell PowerEdge FN I/O Module, PowerConnect M8024-k. PowerEdge M I/O Aggregator
PowerConnect: PC 7048, PC 7024, PC 6248, PC 6224, PC 3548, PC 3524, PC 2848, PC 2824, PC 2816, PC 2800, PC 3500, N 3000, N2000
Force10:Dell Force10 S4810, S6010, S6100, S3048 , S4048T ,Z9100, S4820T, S4000, S6000
Future Updates:The cadence of release will be in roughly six week intervals.
- New products timed to shipping dates
- When you upgrade a local copy of the tool it is recommended you clear your local cache. This is located at C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Dell\Enterprise Infrastructure Planning Tool
- In the case of browser based, user CTRL+SHIFT+DEL to prompt and clear browser cache
- In the case of red tool error, please attempt a cache clear and confirm the issue repeats. If so, save your configuration JSON and either PDF or Excel and send both to the feedback channel.
- In the case of green "Action Items" errors, there are some false flags at present we are rooting out and suppressing. These errors do not impact calculation, but may indicate when a configuration is invalid. Feel free to submit feedback on any items that do not appear to function correctly.
- Some 14G products that just launched still indicate they are under NDA. NDA has been lifted for any products published in the EIPT tool. We will remove this message on the next release.
- Web Cache
- Due to some stability issues we are disabling caching on the web. We are actively reviewing some associated issues and will restore functionality when the issues are resolved.
FeedbackPlease submit questions or feedback to EIPT_Business_Partners@Dell.com or directly throught the tool Feedback Form.